Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, April 24, 2021

04/24/2021

Today was a nice day. I did not leave the apartment. My new pillow seemed to do pretty well but it'll take a few more days to tell for sure. It's much firmer than the other pillow so I think it supports my neck better. When I got up I read in my chair in my bedroom and finished the book and picked out the next one to start.

My sister went out shopping with my mom for a bit because they're both vaxxed, so I was home alone and started a batch of babka to use up the syrup in the fridge for it. I wanted to try out different fillings and we only have another month or so until it'll be too hot to use the oven. It was freezing and raining all day so it was perfect baking weather.

While the dough rose, I watched an episode of Shadow and Bone on Netflix and I think I'll keep watching it. My sister came home so I exited out after that episode and we watched The Incredible Hulk in our MCU watch. I worked on the bread during the movie. It turned out really good! I have already frozen most of it to give away to my parents and two of my coworkers.

After the movie ended, we switched to SPN and have been watching that ever since. I made a new recipe for dinner tonight that we both liked. It's pretty easy, so I'll probably make it again. We're going to finish out SPN for the night after this current episode so we can watch the Hallmark movie of the week.

More cooking and chores tomorrow. We might do a Falcon and the Winter Soldier binge watch. Grocery shopping for the week. I made the next two weeks' menus so we're set for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment