Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, April 7, 2021

04/07/2021

It was a suuuuper slow day today. We all did busy work for the most part. I did a lot of puttering around the apartment, picking up stuff. I swept all the floors, filled and ran the dishwasher, and did all the by-hand dishes. I did some reading. I got caught up on the last two weeks of Supergirl that just started its final season, sadly. I found out that the Home and Family show I watch on Hallmark is being cancelled, so I'm trying to enjoy it as long as I can. I've come to see them as coworkers on home work days so I don't know what I'll do when it's over. Kind of pathetic, really!

 I called Charles Schwab again today because I still haven't gotten anything from them and it turned out there was still more information they needed that they didn't ask for last week when I called. I tried to give the lady my ssn for confirmation and she kept saying it wasn't right, that ssn's are 9 digits and I told her, that is 9 digits. I'm not a very confident person on the phone, but I had to be a bit aggressive in telling her my ssn was correct. She apologized when she realized she was entering it wrong. I'm getting a bit nervous about putting my money in an account with these people! Hopefully it will actually happen this time...!

After logging out for the day, I walked down to Bartell's to pick up a prescription I called in last night. I looked at the Easter candy and almost bought some but am proud of myself for putting it all back in the end. I walked around for a while to get some exercise before coming home again. 

Leftovers from last night for dinner tonight. I thinned out the sauce and it worked much better. I had enough to cook more noodles for a lunch at the office tomorrow. Should be tasty. I think I'll be busy enough at the office tomorrow, so it should be nice there. Maybe I'll turn on my Hamilton soundtrack...


No comments:

Post a Comment