Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, January 31, 2021

01/31/2021

Today was a nice day. I got up and made my bread recipe for the week and it turned out well. My parents stopped by to pick up the last couple week's worth of stuff I've made that I froze for them and I was able to give them half the muffins. They were finally able to see all we've done to the apartment and the winter decorations. It's slow-going, but I really love what we're doing with the place. Today I hung up some decorative oven mitts that we usually keep above our little oven, but have been on the floor in front of the oven since we moved. Our floor around the tv area needs work. It's a work in progress for our dvds, but eventually that will be under control too.

Once my parents left, we settled in for a day of Sliders and a few chores during and in between each episode. I did two loads of laundry, filled and ran the dishwasher, and did the by-hand dishes. I also prepped and made our fried rice dinner which turned out amazing! Tomorrow, I'm going to scramble an egg to go in it because I love fried rice with scrambled eggs in them.

I also worked on the IOUs and prepped a bill to go out in the mail tomorrow. It's a new month too, so I'll pay rent online tomorrow too. Tomorrow is an office day and I'll be taking all the tv dinners I bought yesterday to the freezer there. Now that they're full days, I need a lunch, for sure. Because it's just one day at a time, it makes more sense to do a tv dinner instead of bringing food which I always plan for a two day set of meals. One can of soup is two lunches for me.

We've switched from Sliders, and are doing our Sunday night Disney movie, which is Robin Hood this week. We'll do an episode of GBBO to finish out the weekend next. I might do one episode of JAG too.

No comments:

Post a Comment