Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, January 29, 2021

01/29/2021

Today was a work-from-home day that was slow all day till the late afternoon when pretty much everybody turned everything in. During the earlier part of the day, I watched two of the movies I got at random from the library. I actually started one and got maybe 10 minutes into it when it glitched and returned to the previews, so I didn't try to get back to where it left off and just switched to another movie. I got through the rest of them and also took the time to flip through the cookbook I got from the library too. I get cookbooks from the library and take pictures of the recipes I want to try so I can copy them from my computer instead of needing the cookbook itself. I ran down to the library in the afternoon and dropped it all off. I really love living so close to a library!

I also had time to make an apple tartlet recipe I've been wanting to try. I have a few leftover ingredients from my Christmas blog project and marzipan was one of them. I'm trying to find good recipes to use them up, and ran across the recipe in a magazine my sister was getting rid of. They turned out pretty good, a bit sweet, but that's marzipan for you. I froze half of them to give to my parents.

I also made the bbq sauce for dinner tonight and left the chicken marinating in it all day. It turned out really delicious. It was super easy to make. A keeper recipe, for sure. There's leftovers for tomorrow's lunch, and I am going to make a lot of rice because tomorrow's dinner is fried rice, so I need leftover cold rice.

After logging out from work, I put in a half hour of working around the apartment and swept all the floors, dusted and vacuumed the entire apartment before taking a shower and finishing cleaning the shower. I'm trying to get better at chores because I now spend so much time here that I like having it not being a pit all the time. I also filled and ran the dishwasher.

We watched the latest mind-blowing episode of WandaVision while we ate, and then did an episode of GBBO before getting ready for the Hallmark Friday night Christmas movie. It's just so much fun to watch each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment