Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, January 2, 2021

01/02/2021

Another lazy day watching LOTR, director commentaries this time. I did a few things though. Got my bills caught up and took them out in time to go out in the mail. I filled and ran the dishwasher. I made my blog dessert which was pretty much a fail and I probably won't feature it more than a mention tomorrow. I also finished setting up the Christmas Corner in the living room. I bought discount candy the day after Christmas and some containers for them and set them out in the living room and on the 25th of each month, my sister will open one and enjoy being one month closer to Christmas! I also put the Christmas countdown near it too, so it's fun!

We are planning on wrapping up LOTR by 9pm tonight so we can tune in to the first New Year's Hallmark movie. I managed to suck my sister into Hallmark movies over Christmas, so now we're just embracing it. They will be airing a Christmas movie every Friday night of the year, so we might plan our Friday night around that instead of around going out to get take out. Trying to improve our health and finances a bit by eating out less.

 Not a very exciting day, but a lovely day!


No comments:

Post a Comment