Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, January 19, 2021

01/19/2021

It was a super busy day today. I was focused on work for the most part, so I didn't watch anything but the Hallmark channel. I was a little bummed out because I was set to work from home tomorrow and watch the Inauguration live, but my boss needs me to come into the office tomorrow AND Thursday probably for full days to be there for some people who are going to be there, so now I won't be able to watch it after all. I don't think I have ever been able actually watch it live before, so I guess I won't be breaking that streak any time soon. Ah well, I guess I'll catch the highlights on youtube later.

I did have enough time today to prep our dinner, which came from my new Goldbergs cookbook. It was a casserole that I was able to get mostly ready for the oven and then left it in the fridge for dinnertime. And I was very excited because it turned out to be awesome! I can see this becoming part of our regular rotation.

After logging out of work, I walked down the street to the library and finally used it for the first time since we moved, and since the pandemic started. I had no problems, no line, and even picked up a drama movie pack that they picked at random, so now I have lots of movies to watch and try out! It couldn't have been easier, and they announced today that they're adding two more days to being open, which means that the lines will be less long, which is great.

After that, I walked down to Bartells and picked up a couple of my prescriptions. I sure do like having 3 month prescriptions again! It's starting to get lighter again, so I didn't feel too uncomfortable going out that time of night.

Tonight, we started a West Wing watch. We've both seen some of the show, but a long time ago, and neither of us finished the series originally. I think going into a new administration is the perfect time to watch it. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it over the last four years. It was just too painful a reminder of reality...

I have my food prepped for work tomorrow. Hopefully a good night's sleep will be had. Tomorrow's a big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment