Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, January 13, 2021

01/13/2021

Last night was rough. We lost power twice and it either kept me up or woke me up both times. I sleep with fans and it's amazing how hard it is to sleep in complete silence. And how warm it gets without them on! This morning I was pretty tired, and I've been tired all day. But I'm better off than my coworker who lives in West Seattle who lost power all night and ended up having to go into the office cuz she still had no power. No fun. My work day was probably the lightest it's been so far this year, and that's saying something. It was just dullsville. I listened to an antiracism podcast. I finished out my When Calls the Heart rewatch and put the next season on hold through the library. I looked into the pick up process and it's actually super simple, so it shouldn't be an issue to get stuff from the library again. After that, I started a Black Lightning rewatch, since that new and sadly, final season starts up soon. Then I took a break and finished out the first season of JAG. I also got all the dishes caught up, which was my big chore of the day. I also spent some time in the den looking around and measuring stuff. We're going to work on rearranging it over the weekend.

I was going to stay home from the office because it's just ridiculously slow and there's no real work to do there, but we're expecting a big UPS delivery at the office and somebody has to be there for it. Hopefully it'll arrive very early and I won't have to stay too long.

We're slowly working on stuff in the apartment. Since we spend so much time here due to the pandemic, we're trying to get it exactly how we like it most. It's going to be a lot of work, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Of course, the big news is Trump's impeachment redux. I couldn't find it on the local channels in the morning and then I decided I didn't want to endure it, so I just read about it after the fact. Biden is inaugurated in a week, and it can't come soon enough, imo!

Dinner was a new recipe that was merely ok. It filled our stomachs, but I won't be making it again. LOTR specials tonight and a peach turnover for dessert in honor of the impeachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment