Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, January 27, 2021

01/27/2021

It was a better paced day today working from home. I was able to take actual breaks and full lunch hour, which was really nice! On my lunch break, I washed the by-hand dishes, walked to the library to drop off two of the movies I watched today, and picked up two books that were waiting for me, and then came back to read for the rest of the time. I was refreshed, and able to concentrate on work better. It is something built in to the office schedule in the before, but it's been decimated now. But we came to the agreement that when we go into the office, that we will just plan on being there the whole day. And office day is an office day. It will allow us to plan our meals and weeks better. It removes the pressure of "Oh if I hurry I can get out of here in a half hour!" It allows us to get deliveries out better for local offices that are open. And it'll allow us to take over the phone a little more easily and give my manager a break from it. There will still be moments of boredom, but it is what it is.

We are scrambling for the next couple days for our menu because now that I'm working a full day on office days, I won't get home in a good time to make dinner tomorrow. We're just going to do our own thing, but I'll be home on Friday to make the baked bbq chicken I was planning. I'm going to freeze the cooked chicken that was going to go in tomorrow's dinner and use it at a time that I can do the recipe.

After logging out for the day, I read for a while in my room, took out the garbage and recycling, showered, and then had leftover tacos for dinner. West Wing, Great British Bake Off, and JAG tonight. Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment