Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, January 6, 2021

01/06/2021

Well, it was a day. I'm glad I worked from home today. It was still a relatively light workload, so I watched tv while I worked, as usual. At 10am, the show on Hallmark was a rerun because they had decided to stop production because of the surge of covid cases in LA, so I turned on the news because it was the start of the counting of the electoral votes today. And it started off boring and predictable and I was in the kitchen making rice krispy treats when they started talking about people walking into the Capitol building illegally. For the rest of the day I watched as a coup attempt went unstopped by any people in authority who could have stopped it. I watched my nation be attacked by domestic terrorists. I watched the POTUS throw fuel on the flames, for which twitter finally blocked him for a while. It was awful and I don't know how it all ends. This event will end, but people are so poisoned against the truth and have been brainwashed by the POTUS, that I don't know how we go on from here as a nation.

Over the course of these past four years, I have lived far too much of The Order of the Phoenix and LOTR for my tastes. I like to read them as stories, but not so much living them in reality...January 21st cannot come soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment