Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, January 3, 2021

01/03/2021

Today was more LOTR, but we did do a grocery store run first thing in the morning. We've found that early on weekend mornings and later on weekend evenings are the best times to go into grocery stores to avoid large crowds of people. We have been working on our menu planning and I now have dinner plans for the next two weeks and all the groceries to make them. 

My parents stopped by to drop off a few things after that and I ran out to trade stuff with them. I gave them some of my mince pies from last week and heard back that they really liked them! I found some recipes to use up the last of the mincemeat, so hopefully soon I'll be able to use up the rest of the leftover ingredients from my Christmas blog project. I made a dinner tonight for that blog, which I'll write up next. I'm moving on to a winter bread baking project after I wrap up the Christmas project, so we'll see if I can't throw some of those ingredients into whatever I make for that.

I was pretty lazy today, didn't do any chores and only got the finances caught up and the rent paid, though it won't pull till tomorrow. I go into the office tomorrow, but I suspect it will be not a very busy day and I'll probably finish working from home, and if I have time, will work on the dishes that I am leaving undone. The dishes in the dishwasher got wet when everything on top spilled when I opened it this morning, so I have to wait for them to dry again. 

I dunno, sometimes you need lazy days. It's good for balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment