Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, January 30, 2021

01/30/2021

Today we actually went out and did stuff. We tracked down the nearest Hallmark store to us, which is in Lynnwood, and went there to look around. We got some discount ornaments for the Christmas tree next year, and one ornament for the winter tree now. We each got some other knickknacks for the apartment. It was fun and felt normal, even though everybody had masks on. We also stopped by the See's candy shop at Alderwood Mall and got some treats. It's outside the mall so we didn't have to go inside. After that, we did our grocery shopping and got Taco del Mar for lunch.

It was late when we got back and put all the food away, so I decided to switch the menu around and not make what was planned. I'll do it for tomorrow. I'm going to make fried rice, and the attempt to make rice in the rice cooker were ruined when I apparently had rice stuck to the bottom of the outside liner and burned it and the cooking function stopped and would only let me "warm" it, so I had to use a pan on the stove. I haven't made rice on the stove in forever. This rice cooker came with me when I moved out of my parents house and has lasted that long. I was just saying yesterday I wanted a bigger one when this one bites the dust, and apparently I jinxed it, cuz the next day I broke the dang thing! I'll have to keep making rice on the stove till I can get to a store that sells them because I want to look at it in person, not trust the internet only.

We did order something off the internet this afternoon though: Hallmark Christmas movie t-shirts. So we can just up our nerd game on Friday nights. It should be fun!

We have settled in for Sliders the rest of the day and tomorrow too. It's a fun show. We're in season three now.

No comments:

Post a Comment