Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, January 16, 2021

01/16/2021

Today was a tiring day. We got up and started working in my sister's bedroom and got a bunch of stuff rearranged in her room. She still have a lot of stuff to deal with, but the infrastructure is now what she wants it to be, so it should help her get it under control. After that, we moved onto the den and rearranged everything there. We moved one item out to the kitchen area and then shifted everything around and it's amazing how much space it opened up. It feels bigger and way easier to deal with. I also had time to clean up the food shelves and you can see exactly what we have and how much, etc. It'll really help our food preparation and shopping from now on. Now I just need to keep making headway with the freezers. Those need a lot of work too.

We ate take out for lunch and dinner because it just sounded good and it fit in with our schedule better. We finished the last of the LOTR specials and also dropped off some stuff at our parents' house, did our grocery shopping for the next week, and attempted to take stuff to Goodwill but the line was too long.

Before taking my shower tonight, my sister cut my hair for me. It's been getting too long and I didn't really have any other options available to me. I don't want to go to a salon right now, and even if my aunt who normally cuts my hair would interact with me, we can't because of the pandemic. So, it was either let my sister do it, or let it keep growing. She said it was a lot of fun, so maybe I'll let her cut it when it gets too long again!!

Pizza for dinner tonight and watching a DCOM called Tiger Cruise, because we watched the Hallmark Christmas movie last night that took place on a Tiger Cruise. Hopefully I will sleep well tonight because I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment