Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, January 17, 2021

01/17/2021

Today felt like a super lazy day, but I did a few things. I slept in and when I got up, I just jumped right into making my recipe for my bread blog project. Instead of baking it right away, my sister and I discussed switching our lunch and dinner plans, so I put the pan in the fridge till later and got right into making the macaroni and cheese recipe. I got that all ready to go as well and put it in the fridge so we could go out and pick up the fried chicken from Heaven Sent we planned to eat with it. Heaven Sent is expensive, but it's a Black-owned local small business and we wanted to support it on MLK weekend. When we got back, I got the mac and cheese in the oven.

We settled in for a long afternoon and evening binge watching Punky Brewster, which we'd stopped watching when the holidays started up and we had no time for it. I also baked the bread, and filled and ran the dishwasher. Then it was just tv all afternoon. 

I will be logging in to work in the morning to clear out the in-box and then logging off for the rest of the day. It's sort of a compromise because we normally work that day, so I will definitely take that! We're also getting back into our Disney movie watch tonight with The Jungle Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment