Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, January 9, 2021

1/9/2021

Today started off with a trip to the grocery store. First thing in the morning seems to be a great time for shopping with little crowds. I highly recommend it. When we got home, we launched into more of our LOTR rewatch. Today was TTT and ROTK cast commentaries. We may have some time for specials after, if it's not too late.

In between movies, I went out for a walk and was excited that I was able to do my full walk at the pace I normally walk, so that was nice. It was really cold, so having a mask on actually made it easier to breath because it warmed up the air before I inhaled it into my lungs. Normally in the winter I have to walk with a scarf around my mouth to do that because the air is just too harsh on my lungs.

Dinner tonight was gnocchi with a quick tomato and Italian sausage sauce and it was really good! Unfortunately, gnocchi expands in your stomach more than I realized and I went back for seconds. I am regretting it now! Filled and ran the dishwasher today, as far as chores. More chores will be done tomorrow.

Tired tonight. Hopefully I'll sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment