Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, January 24, 2021

1/24/2021

Today was a stay-at-home day. I woke up around the same time I do on an office day, which will be tomorrow, so I decided to get up even though it was early. I read in my reading chair in my room for an hour or so, and it was lovely. I should do that more often! My body is still adjusting and improving from the new pillow. So far it feels like sleeping on clouds, which is really nice!

When it was a lightly more decent time, I got up and made the scones for my food blog today. Luckily, they turned out pretty good and became part of my breakfast and lunch! Once my sister got up, I started laundry and then we went into more Sliders. We forgot that we were going to start with the new episode of WandaVision, so after the first episode of Sliders, we switched to that. It's such a fantastic show!

We did Sliders and chores all afternoon. I also made a pork chop dinner for us tonight, with leftovers for tomorrow. I got all the food for work tomorrow ready and cleaned out a few things in the fridge, and ran the dishwasher. We switched from Sliders to watch our Disney movie of the week, which was The Aristocats, and now we're doing an episode Great British Bake-Off to finish out the weekend, though I will probably do an episode of JAG after my sister goes to bed, before I go to bed. Not the most exciting week, and it never snowed, like the rumors we'd heard, but it was pleasant enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment