Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, December 31, 2020

12/31/2020

Well, the year is finally, at long last, almost over. I started the day working from home. It was slow, then there was a small flurry of work. My coworker ended up going into the office after all, so she did most of the production for it, which will make my Monday that much easier. Then it just really tapered off. I watched When Calls the Heart and made the gingerbread cake from the mix we got for New Years. My boss decided to call it quits early so I logged out around 2:15pm instead of 5pm which is always a fun treat!

I needed to pick up a prescription and a few other items from Bartells, so we went out while it was still light and walked past the fire destruction from the other day. It's so sad. We walked to the drug store and I was able to get everything I needed. I dropped the water holder of my humidifier the other day and it cracked and started leaking, so I needed to get a new humidifier. I got a great deal, assuming that the humidifier works well!

When we got back we watched some more Hobbit specials before putting in our order for Azteca. It took way longer to get our food but I can't be too surprised and am happy that they're doing so well still. We ate it and are now watching Last Holiday, one of our newer favorites. We might watch High School Musical, our traditional New Year's Eve movie, and back to Hobbit specials. 

This year has been terrible, but there have been good moments too. I made it to the end of the year. That alone is an accomplishment worthy of celebrating! So many people weren't so lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment