Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, December 24, 2020

12/24/2020

Today has been full of baking and cooking from the moment I got up till I sat down to dinner a while ago. I made my sister's chocolate pie, my cranberry pie, a glaze for the ham, got the chicken wings marinated and then cooked, and the funeral potatoes. This was an approximation of what our family normally eats on Christmas Eve together, and it was all delicious! It made enough for at least dinner tomorrow too. 

We watched the last of the Christmas movies on our list: A Christmas Story, I'll Be Home For Christmas, and now, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We have the last of our specials and shows to finish out afterwards, and that's it! We managed to get through the list in time, yet again!

We did a couple errands this morning. We went to Bartell's to get some stocking stuffers and then up to Safeway for a few last groceries. In the afternoon, I took the first outdoor walk since recovering from Covid. It was really cold and hard to breath, but the walk itself went very smoothly and it was just lovely. I'm going to try to do that on days when I have daylight hours free to leave the house. 

This year's Christmas sure has been different than normal, but it hasn't been too bad. It's given my sister and me a chance to do some stuff we've always wanted to do. You always have to make the most of it, and I was determined to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment