Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, December 11, 2020

12/11/2020

Today was a pretty busy day working from home. It made the day go fast. I watched The Holiday and the pilot episode of JAG since my dvds are starting to show up. I always forget what a good show it was. I'm glad I bought it. I also heard from my coworker who said the plan now is whoever is in the office doing production, the other person will be running the transcripts desk. This is a huge relief for me since so many times I had to try to straddle both and it's just too much. This will be definitely reduce the stress and tension I feel. And going down to two days will also help. I've gotten used to working from home entirely though, so it'll be strange to go back to the office, even if just two days a week.

The Supreme Court has declined to hear the ridiculous lawsuit from Texas, which pretty much is the last nail in the coffin for the Trump Administration. Monday the process to confirm the electoral college voters takes place and I'll be curious to see what drama comes up with that, if any. If we make it through that, there's pretty much nothing more to be done.

After logging out of work, I did not walk on the treadmill. Instead, we picked up Red Robin take out and I gorged myself on fish and chips, and onion rings. It was delish, as usual! Now we're watching Four Christmases.

Sad family news: My grandfather passed away yesterday evening. He was 92 and very ready to go, but it's always sad to lose a loved one. I have a lot of fun and happy memories of him though, and that's where I am putting most of my energy. I did have trouble sleeping last night, though. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment