Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, December 13, 2020

12/13/2020

Today was a good blend of chores and movie-watching. We started up driving up to Burger King for a car breakfast, and then to QFC which is in the same parking lot. We forgot a few essential items yesterday and got them. Then it was back home to start our Christmas Carol marathon, where we watched every version of the story we have. In between, I got the kitchen under control, including some rearranging I have been wanting to do for a while. I did three loads of laundry, and folded and put it all away. And I gathered and took out all the garbage, recycling, and compost.

My blog meal is in the oven and should be ready soon. I already tried the dessert at lunch today and it's fantastic! More on that in my food blog later tonight.

I am preparing to go back to the office tomorrow. I'm charging my ipod, made sure I have some snacks in my backpack, and will prep my breakfast and snack tonight before bed. I'm anxious about going on the bus again, but will be more aggressive about not being near people who aren't wearing a mask, or wearing it properly. Since I'm going to be working from home for the majority of the week from now on, I'm going to take home a few things from work like my Christmas countdown that has been sitting there since I left. I'm anticipating a long, full day, and being exhausted afterwards. If I'm lucky, I won't be too tired, though. I won't do the treadmill on office days, at least until I'm fully recovered and back up to snuff energy-wise.

I'm pretty tired, so I'm hoping I'll sleep well tonight. I have discovered that putting my eye mask on when I wake up seems to help me fall back to sleep better. I guess it was just a little too light, even though it's this time of year. I wish I'd figured that out sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment