Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, December 6, 2020

12/06/2020

Super lazy day today. We straightened up the place a bit before my parents stopped by for a few minutes to pick up and drop off some stuff, and to look at all our Christmas decorations. After they left, we watched some Christmas MASH episodes before leaving to go out and pick up the groceries we had ordered for pick up. We've really enjoyed doing it this way. There are some things we have no choice but to go in and get because they aren't on the online options, but for the most part, we're finding it helps cut down on impulse shopping a lot. It's also safer, and saves time. We'll definitely continue it during the pandemic, but even afterwards, we were talking about continuing to do it like that.

Today was our "action Christmas movies" day. We did Jingle All the Way, Shazaam, and now we're watching Die Hard. I didn't do any other chores except to fill and run the dishwasher after dinner tonight. I did make my blog meal, which I will write about soon in my food blog.

I go back to the office for the first time in about a month and a half on Thursday this week. I'm going to try to do some exercising after logging out leading up to it to make sure I have the stamina for it. I think it'll be good to try it on a Thursday instead of a Monday. I'm always curious how busy it'll be on a Monday. Sometimes it's super busy and sometimes it's shockingly slow. Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment