Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, December 12, 2020

12/12/2020

Today was a nice day. We ran some errands, did some grocery shopping, and got nearly all the stuff we'll need for Christmas, which will save us time down the line. We got Taco del Mar for lunch, always a delicious treat! We watched both Madea Christmas things: the movie and the play. Now we're watching Black Nativity before the new Hallmark Chanukah movie starts at 8pm.

I am also working on my blog project dessert for the weekend. It's not perfect, but I think it's going to be tasty. But more on that tomorrow, of course!

We called our grandmother today to check in with her after losing our grandfather on Thursday. My dad is doing ok, and she seems to be ok too. We're going to wait till the summer to have an outdoor celebration of life for him. That'll be nice because we can social distance better outside.

Covid recovery progress: I was able to unload all the groceries out of the cart onto the conveyor belt without feeling winded and like my lungs were rebelling against me. This is a big difference from the last couple times at the store. It's exciting to see and feel progress. It's still slow-going, but it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment