Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, December 5, 2020

12/05/2020

Today started with a nice time sitting in my chair in my room reading for a bit. Then we went on a bit of a walk so I could get a garland for my bathroom mirror and a candy cane from Bartells. My sister needed to mail some stuff so I waited outside the post office while she went in and dealt with that since there were too many people inside when we were there. Then we picked up Papa Murphy's pizzas for lunch before heading home. 

The pizza was delish, and my mirror looks festive with the garland on it. We had a "Grinch-athon" today. We watched the two Grinch movies, and the Glee Christmas episodes, the first of which is a Grinch theme. 

We went out to get a few groceries that we couldn't get from the order we placed for pick up tomorrow, and decided to pick up food on the way back. Apparently the rest of the city decided that too, and every drive thru was ridiculously full. We waited in the Wendy's line for a while before giving up and seeing if the teriyaki place was open, which it was not. Who closes on 6:30pm on a Saturday night??! Burger King's line was too long, so we ended up at Subway where there was no line and we were in and out super fast! Now we're full and settled in to watch the latest Hallmark channel Christmas movie. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment