Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, February 20, 2021

Anti-Racism Resources

It's easy to get bogged down in the "I'm just one person, I'm not rich or famous, what can I do to help dismantle white supremacy? I'm not a politician for goodness sake!" mentality when you, as a white person, face the overwhelming task of dismantling white supremacy. I get it. I feel like that all the time, too. But this is definitely a case of "little things add up to big things." Everybody can do something. If everybody does that something, then something gets done. 

Here is a very short list, compiled from a google search entitled: "How to work towards dismantling white supremacy." A lot of links within the links to research. You could spend hours researching this and gleaning ideas to try. Good luck!

This is from a church site, but it has lot of info.

 This has good ideas for the workplace.

How to dismantle white supremacy in your own life. 

Do more research and support for Minnesota, where George Floyd died. 

Lots of sources to help unlearn racism.

 Here is a free 2016 workbook on the subject.

How to be a better ally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment