Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, February 15, 2021

02/15/2021

Well, today was a half work day half day off day. There was a 20-part set of transcripts I had to prep and upload to the Court of Appeals website today and it took over four hours to get it all done. I also took the time to finish up one item overdue from Friday that I had gotten an answer to. I was exhausted and drained when I logged off around 12:30pm for the rest of the day.

In keeping with clearing out the fridge and freezer, I used up the rest of the turkey and chicken from the stock I made the other day, for our lunch. I thickened the stock, seasoned it, and added the turkey and chicken and heated it through while cooking egg noodles. It made lunch for both of us today and enough for a lunch for me to take to work tomorrow when I go to the office for the day.

We watched a bunch more Sliders today and finished season four. We started season five and did two episodes before switching over to GBBO. I'll end the night with an episode of JAG.

I did a couple chores today. I took out the garbage. Filled and ran the dishwasher. Broke down the drying racks in the den and put the dry laundry away. I have several clothing items, including all my masks, that I air dry to try to keep them from shrinking because the dryer doesn't seem to have a medium setting and the no-heat setting is useless. I even read for a bit in my room too.

All-in-all, it was a nice three day, or 2.5 day weekend! We got snow, I cooked, I baked, I read, I lounged and we watched fun shows and movies, and I kept up some of the cleaning, at least! Office day tomorrow. Hoping the bus has no issues with the leftover snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment