Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, February 13, 2021

02/13/2021

Well, today was a full day! It snowed all night and all day and only just a short time ago stopped. We got over 24 hours of snow!! It was really beautiful and because I didn't have to deal with trying to get to or from work or anywhere, I was able to fully enjoy it for once! We ate a good breakfast and then bundled up and went out for a walk in it. It was really hard to walk in. For once, it's the really powdery kind of snow, not like we normally get. It was a real workout.

When we got home, I made tea which warmed me up! Then I made my weekend bread recipe to try out. I think it turned out pretty good, so I'll write about it tomorrow. We had burgers for lunch, and used up the last of the hamburger buns from the freezer. I used up the last of the potatoes O'Brien with breakfast. We're trying to clean out the freezers, so I'm glad to see we're making progress. We have just enough regular hash browns to make a batch of funeral potatoes, which I'm going to make tomorrow. We happen to have all the ingredients on hand for those.

We watched a bunch more Sliders today. We're well into the 4th season. We stopped a little before 5pm so we could do another walk before it got too dark. We went in the opposite direction that time. It's so pretty here when it snows. I really love it!

A nice, hot shower was in order when I got back home, and we did a couple more episodes of Sliders to finish out the disk we were on. Dinner was leftover turkey and all the trimmings from last night. Now we're settled in for one of the few winter movies I have that aren't Christmas movies: The Fugitive. It's been years since I've seen it and it's always been one of my faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment