Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, February 6, 2021

02/06/2021

Today was a big errand day. It started with Burger King breakfast and a stop at Joan Fabrics for my sister. I didn't need anything there so I waited in the car while she went int. Then we drove out to the outlet mall in Marysville where I got new shoes from the Nike store. My current pair are a couple years old and have a hole in the toe. I'll keep the old ones as backups. We also stopped at Sketchers so my sister could get some shoes. We also went to the Disney store and Hot Topic where we got some fun new t-shirts and other stuff.

After we finished at the outlet Mall, we went to the Fred Meyer to do our grocery shopping for the week and look at some decorations. We got a head start on our spring decorations. We had DQ for lunch.

We went to visit our grandmother after that. It was the first time since last Christmas that we've been able to visit. I have missed seeing her, so it was really nice. She didn't know we were coming, so she was surprised and so happy to see us. We got to meet one of her caregivers, who is so nice and lovely. I want to try to see her more often now, if we can.

We stopped by my parents' house to pick up some stuff and drop off my dad's birthday card and present. We always get him coffee beans cuz that's what he loves the most. He had printed off my entire book for me so I can edit it with pen and paper, my preferred method. I have it here with me now so I can start that next week, hopefully.

After a quick stop at the library for my sister to pick up some stuff, it took two trips from the car to bring everything up. The first thing I did after putting everything away, was take a shower. Too much out of the house and interaction with others to not do that. Then we settled in and watched The Sound of Music. Now we're watching Sliders for the rest of the night.

I'm pretty tired and my arms are sore from holding the bags of groceries and stuff we bought at the mall. Hopefully a good night's sleep will fix all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment