Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, February 11, 2021

02/11/2021

Well, I feel vindicated in changing my schedule so I can work from home the rest of the week. It snowed this afternoon. Not much, but it snowed. It has started up much more steadily and heavily this evening. Work was slow today but my coworker came up with a project to keep us occupied. It should last us a while, so that's good. I watched the impeachment trial today and also did the treadmill and watched one of The Good Witch movies I got for Christmas.

After logging out for the day, I walked down to drop off some stuff at the library. I really love living so close to it. And after that, I walked over to buy some snow snacks from Bartells. I also really love living so close to that too! By the time I left, the snow as just pouring down! It was exciting to walk home in. I'm made some white hot chocolate to drink with dinner. I'm wearing my coziest jammies too. Obviously I have to work tomorrow from home, but after that, I can just settle in and enjoy the snow! For once I don't have to fear being trapped downtown. I just hope my coworker decides to stay home tomorrow. We're mostly closed Monday for the holiday which will make Tuesday just awful, but I'd rather it be awful then in no snow but too much work, than her getting stuck downtown too to make Tuesday a little less awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment