Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, February 14, 2021

02/14/2021

Well, we got several more hours of snow this morning and afternoon, but it has stopped and is beginning to warm up. It's beginning to rain now, as well. We went out for one last walk in the snow this morning, but I put all my snow clothes in the laundry afterwards, so we stayed in for the rest of the day.

Today I did some chores like laundry and washing the by-hand dishes, and taking out the recycling. We did a lot more episodes of Sliders, and watched The Mighty Ducks and The Rescuers. I made a batch of funeral potatoes for dinner tonight, and we had Jiffy Pop popcorn for snack.

Tomorrow is a partial work day for me. I have to log in in the morning and work on a project that's due that day or first thing Tuesday morning, but when I'm done, I can log off for the rest of the day. It's nice that I don't have to attempt coming into the office because the snow definitely won't be melted yet and the buses are going to be terrible.

My feet are pretty sore from walking in my snow shoes. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to walk on the treadmill like normal for an at-home work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment