Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, February 2, 2021

02/02/2021

Today was much slower than yesterday. I made my very first ever bowl of Malt-O-Meal for breakfast today. It's definitely a nice chance of pace from oatmeal. I might try it again soon with my traditional oatmeal toppings and see how it works. I was able to prep dinner, get the sink caught up, fill and run the dishwasher, take some breaks, in which I started the last book in the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy, and did my walking on the treadmill while watching an episode of Batman. I also watched an episode of Black Lightning, watched the first of the Good Witch movies I got for Christmas, which happened to be a Christmas movie, and I ran a load of laundry when my new Hallmark Christmas watching t-shirt arrived.

I really liked doing the walking in the middle of the day. I think I'm going to do that from now on. I also emailed with my dad and sent him all the chapters of my book for him to print 2/page, double-sided for me so I can edit them. I do better actually editing with pen and paper, and not having them printed has been hampering me. It'll be worth whatever he charges me for ink and paper to have it all printed out.

Dinner tonight was a new recipe that I fancied up a bit and it was a winner! Burrito Bake, with crescent roll dough crust. Super easy, and I improved it by adding crushed tortilla chips and more cheese on the top so it was basically like nachos. West Wing and we'll finish the series of GBBO tonight. I'll end the day with a JAG episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment