Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, February 10, 2021

02/09/2021

 

It was an on again off again busy day today. I ended up having some stuff come up with the IRA I thought had been set up for me at work having not been set up at all and now I need to redo my paperwork and actually hand it in to the IRA people, which is just down the street from my work building. I'll have to check and see if I can go, because in a pandemic, I can't just show up and hope for the best. The money is being taken out of my paycheck but it's not going anywhere yet. I definitely want this set up asap.

I decided to go in tomorrow instead of Thursday after all. I want to deal with that sooner rather than later, and there is supposed to be snow Thursday through all of the weekend and I do not want to be trying to come home from downtown to Lake City. It's just a nightmare to even think about. Even if it doesn't amount to anything and is a total disappointment, I'd rather be safe than walking home from downtown. I was originally supposed to come in anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. I'll just work from home Thursday and Friday. I did find out we're basically closed Monday for Presidents Day, except I'll have to log in in the morning to get some stuff done for a couple hours.

I did manage to walk on the treadmill in the afternoon, and watched one of my Good Witch movies. The morning was spent watching the impeachment trial and what a train wreck the defense team for Trump was. What jokes.

After logging off for the day, I walked down to the library and picked up a bunch of stuff that was ready for me. Still no season 7 of When Calls the Heart. I might just have to start watching season 8 when it starts airing in a couple weeks without having watch it because I don't want to always be seasons behind.

Ham and au gratin potatoes for dinner tonight. Tomorrow will be pizza because it might be the last day before the snow that we can go out and get stuff. My sister might do a last minute grocery shopping trip too, for anything we might need on an emergency basis. Snow could last into next week which means no grocery shopping over the weekend is a possibility. Yes, I really am "First Snowflake Freakout Lady!"

No comments:

Post a Comment