Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, February 24, 2021

02/25/2021

Today was way slower for work. It was like night and day difference from yesterday. As usual, it was a lot of exhibits. I don't know why Wednesdays are exhibit day, but they are. I had enough time to run back and forth and make my first attempt at hamantaschen cookies, which failed miserably, but tasted good. I need to keep working on them. Once I find a dough that works, I'll work on fillings. For now I just used jams that I had on hand. The apricot is the best, imo.

It was a non-descript work day today. After logging out, I took out garbage and recycling and picked up the cookie cutters I ordered that came in the mail. I need a 3.5" cookie cutter for almost everything I bake and I don't have one, so I finally decided to order one since the grocery store didn't have any.

Dinner was leftovers and it was delicious. I reheated it in a foil packet in the oven because neither chicken breasts nor potatoes reheat well in the microwave, and it was worth the extra time and effort to heat it that way. I highly recommend this method of reheating foods that don't do well in the microwave.

Our usual shows tonight. Tomorrow is an office day. We'll see how busy it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment