Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, February 27, 2021

02/27/2021

Today was a lot of tv. I started off reading before making a huge late breakfast. We tried the first two episodes of the new Punky Brewster, which is totally cute. Then we walked to the library so my sister could pick up and drop off some stuff. Then we stopped at Bartell Drugs where I miraculously did not buy anything! When we came back, we settled in for Cobra Kai and have finished season two and started season three.

The CPAC is a GOP convention happening right now, and there's one too many signs that they would entrench our nation in white nationalism fully and openly, if they ever return to power. I don't know how we can work with them on anything or what we will do if they ever take the White House or Congress again. I commented on FB that I should work on getting my Canadian citizenship squared away asap in case this all blows up out of control. Up to now, any time I made a comment like that, my dad would say it's not as bad as it seems, it'll blow over, etc. This morning he told me he thinks my sister and I should do that asap, just in case. That scared me and filled me with a profound sadness. Maybe things are as bad as they seem, but it would feel better to know I can get out if I have to one day...

Leftover pizza for dinner. Chores and more tv tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment