Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, May 4, 2021

05/04/2021

Today was a much slower day working from home today. I didn't do a whole lot of non-work things except catch up with some tv shows while I waited for stuff to come in. I had to run down and pick up a package from downstairs and it sort of set off my post-Covid issues I'm still working from so I didn't feel up to a lot of active things today. Plus I was really feeling some sinus pressure today. My hears got a big plugged and had problems unplugging. Gotta love springtime!!

I ended up logging into the front desk for a bit too. I need more practice with that and will get some more on Thursday as I cover for my coworkers who will be out of the office for a bit. I did have time to bake a cake and prep some of our taco dinner things, so that was nice.

I just felt like making one of our yellow cake mixes and since it's pretty much zero effort, and the heat isn't bad yet so I'm ok using the oven, I did it! It was dessert after tonight's taco dinner, and was delish!

Today is May the Fourth so we finally watched the first episode of The Mandalorian while we ate. I was totally lost and it wasn't my sister's cup of tea, so I'll keep watching it on my own time and see if I can start picking up the plot soon.

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, so the taco leftovers tomorrow will be perfect. I go to the office tomorrow and Thursday so having dinner already made on office days will be perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment