Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, March 29, 2020

STFAH: Day 7

Well, today was really exciting! I ventured out of the apartment to help take out the garbage and recycling. I'm still hobbling around on my foot, but I could get that far today. And I did some baking and we tried out our new mini heart-shape waffle maker, delicious!
I had apples that were getting mushy so I needed to use them up. This recipe was from an Amish cookbook and it looks really pretty and smells amazing! Sadly, it's a little bland and dry. I wish I had Cool Whip/whipped cream/vanilla ice cream to go with it, that would have helped a lot. Unfortunately, I have none of those things. Ah well, I'll eat what I can. It was fun to make it, if nothing else!

I also placed an order with Market Spice, the spice/tea shop at the Pike Place Market. The only way they can be in business right now, is through the mail. I got four different things, and with shipping/handling, it came to just about $20! Not bad at all! I'll take pictures and show you what I got when it arrives in the mail. I figure since I'm still being paid during this time, I can make some purchases like this to help out local businesses, until my own crunch-time kicks in in May, depending on what happens with work.

Did a load of laundry, and had a massive Father Brown marathon courtesy of Netflix. Sadly, the show is leaving at the end of the month, so we wanted to try to get through it one last time. It's the first show we started streaming last year when we switched from disc to streaming Netflix.

Scanning papers still, working on some genealogy paperwork and ran across my grandfather's WW2 ration book and a newspaper from December 7, 1941, announcing the attack on Pearl Harbor. I will NOT be getting rid of those!

Delish chicken burger for dinner tonight. Used up the last of my chopped tomatoes and guacamole from last week's tacos. Also sauteed up the rest of my mushrooms that were on their last legs and added them to the burger. Quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment