Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, March 25, 2020

STFAH: Day 3

So, today didn't go as planned, but I decided to just give in to it and honor what my body and mind were demanding. My hurt toe from yesterday is even worse and leaving me hobbling around. A long walk outside was out of the question, as was walking on the treadmill. I've iced it, heated it, and elevated it, and even with ibuprofen it's still too stiff and painful to walk normally.

I lounged in bed for a while because I was afraid of walking more than I needed to, and then we decided to go for a drive to get out of the apartment for a while. We found our way to the U Village, which is much closer to Lake City than Crown Hill. We stopped by Blazing Bagels and picked up lunch to go. Quite tasty!

Supernatural on Netflix, a load of dishes by hand, reading in bed with my foot elevated and a bit of a nap were the highlights of the day. We'll see how well I sleep tonight with a nap and no exercise today, but I've been so tired lately from the stress and anxiety of the move and I finally feel refreshed for once.

I hope everybody else is getting through this time ok! Hopefully my toe will be better soon and I can get back into walking again. It's just so silly that I mess up my toe pretty much the day my knee is recovered enough to start walking again. It's really not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment