Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, March 26, 2020

STFAH: Day 4

Once again, my foot thwarted my efforts to do anything healthful. I have rediagnosed my foot issue as not a bruise, but a sprain. I've been doing all the things you're supposed to do with a sprain, and after spending a couple hours in bed this afternoon elevating it, I feel like it may have turned a bit of a corner. I can gently massage it, the way I did my knee, and it's less painful to put my foot down on the floor, though I still can't really put my weight on it. This morning the idea of icing my foot sounded so painful I kept putting it off, but I eventually did it anyway. I'm icing it now too and it actually feels really good on it!

Today we drove to the zoo to test out how to get there from our new neighborhood. Picked up Burger King drive-thru on the way back. Read in bed for a while and then napped. Nice hot shower. I suspect I'll still sleep pretty well tonight. Pain seems to zap energy from me, and hopefully it'll help to get a good night's sleep with my foot elevated again. This week is a loss for exercise, but maybe by next week I'll be ready for slow walking on the treadmill.

I tried two of my sweet treats today. Strawberry poki sticks. Did not care for them. Too cloyingly sweet. And these:
White chocolate "Funny Mushrooms". These are nom! They're super cute! I'd never seen them before we stopped by our local Asian market a couple weeks ago. They have different kinds of chocolate but since I only eat white chocolate, I was excited to see these! If you ever see these in a store, grab them, you will not be disappointed!

Tacos for dinner. Made homemade guacamole. Switched from Supernatural tonight to Father Brown since SPN's getting pretty dark right now and we need a break. Father Brown might be a murder mystery, but it's just homey and wonderful! It's on Netflix if you have that and are looking for something new to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment