Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, March 27, 2020

STFAH: Day 5

Today I didn't leave the apartment at all. Fell down the youtube rabbit hole for a few hours. No nap, though I did lay in bed elevating my foot and reading for a few hours. I finished a book. The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman. Not an actual autobiography, and lots of the n-word, like loooootttttssss. But worth the read for a feel of what life after slavery ended must have been like. Then I started a new one. We'll see what it's like...

Taco leftovers for dinner and some break and bake peanut butter cookies for dessert. Mailed out my new address and phone number to my family. Some Supernatural episodes and then lots of Father Brown tonight.

Spent time on twitter tweeting about Trump leaving our state and Michigan to die in all this because our governors don't kiss his ass enough. That man should be removed from office over this. And not in November, now! And now, off to track down some articles to help a friend explain to somebody who chooses not to understand why it's not ok to be an anti-Asian racist asshat during this time...Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment