Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, March 23, 2020

STFAH: Day 1

So, I'm starting a new series to record my life during these bonkers times of Covid-19. Today is Day 1 of STFAH, or Staying The F--- At Home!

Here was my general schedule for the day: Woke up 7:30am. Got ready for the day, got breakfast ready. 8:30am ate breakfast, caught up with social media. 9am to 11am: worked on my writing. Writing a Galahad chapter I am going to insert into the rest of the book. 11am(ish) to about noon: Walked around my new neighborhood. Not too many people out. Stopped at Kaffeeklastch and got a pretzel and rugelach to try. Very tasty! Noon-1:30pm(ish): Unpacking and organizing the kitchen equipment, lunch prep. 1:30-2:00: lunch. Then the afternoon kind of flew by in a flurry of cleaning the kitchen, doing a batch of dishes by-hand and trying out the dishwasher(nice and quiet!). Did a couple episodes of Supernatural, read in my bedroom by the window. There are some very pretty trees to look at, and the sky was so lovely. Did a load of laundry, walked on the treadmill to an episode of Batman, took out the garbage and recycling, and showered. Made a batch of spaghetti sauce, which is delish!

Other items of note: We set up our Roku and now are the proud owners of a subscription to Disney Plus! First movie we're watching: Mary Poppins. Main project to start working on: Scanning. So much stuff I want to have a record of, but don't need to keep the physical object. Thank goodness I have a long history with document imaging! Another project: I have a pie shell, and too many apples. Need to try one of my apple pie recipes. Maybe I'll call it Dean Winchester Apple Pie...Also? The dryer at my new place is really loud. I know it's coming, but it makes me jump every single time!
I'm trying to stay on a schedule and do things like eat the same types of foods for lunch and breakfast that I do at work. This will help me maintain my sanity during this time. Outside time is important too. Going to try for 30 minutes/day minimum. Now that we're all under the "stay at home" order in this state, it's going to be important to keep this pace going.

No comments:

Post a Comment