Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, March 24, 2020

STFAH: Day 2

Oh, what a thrilling day it was! I woke up with my bad toe hurting for the first time in a long time and thought maybe it was the change in the weather. It does that sometime, but the red marks on the skin indicate bruising of some sort. How did I do this?! I'm just starting to get back into walking after wrecking my knee again and now this??? Seriously?!

I didn't do as well with writing today, I wasn't feeling it as much today, but I wrote a few paragraphs. Better than nothing. Got some more reading done, watched a few episodes of Supernatural and watched Mary Poppins Returns. The highlight of the day was the outdoors walk. We walked the opposite direction for a good long(slow cuz of my foot and knee) walk in an area that is less populated so we were pretty much the only people out and about. We stopped by a teriyaki place on the way back to support a small local business since today is Take-Out Tuesday and we're supposed to support local restaurants at this time. Once I get to know the menus in this area I'll call in orders because it's still too cramped inside and it's hard to maintain 6 feet distance from everybody else. The food was awesome, though. We ate it back at the apartment. I will be back for more!

I was just a little lazier today, not much unpacking, though I did switch out my autumn/winter work shirts with my spring/summer work shirts. Did a last load of laundry to get the stuff that has to air-dry done. Now I have a lovely wooden hanging thing in my room covered in drying shirts. I did the treadmill again and finished the Batman episode. It was Mr. Freeze.

Hopefully my foot will be better tomorrow because I really love the outside walk. It's definitely keeping my sane! Trying a new 10pm show tonight cuz why not. Hopefully it'll be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment