Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, March 28, 2020

STFAH: Day 6

I'm still dealing with my foot, though the swelling is turning more into one gigantic bruise. While still painful, it means it's moving in the right direction. I'm guessing I'll be able to putter around the apartment in the next day or two more easily, but I'm probably looking at at least another week before I can start properly walking again.

Today's fun outing was to the Dairy Queen in Woodinville and then to pick up something from my parents' house in Bothell. Some Supernatural, some reading in bed elevating my foot, a nice long, hot shower, and scanning photographs while watching Father Brown rounded out my day.

The big news on the COVID-19 front, is the fact that the US Army is building a temporary hospital outside of Century Link field for non-coronavirus patients. Do you realize what this is? It's a freaking MASH unit. Like the show. Like, we live in a world now when peacetime first world country cities have MASH units in them. For real. I cannot wrap my mind around it, but it's also making me want to rewatch the show. What the doctors and nurses are going through now is obviously not the same as what they went through during the Korean War, but it does seem somewhat on the same level of anxiety and trauma they must be experiencing.
Hopefully we won't have any Frank Burns's there. We've already got one in the White House and one is far more than enough right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment