Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, January 20, 2021

01/20/2021

Today ended up being a full day at the office, but I was able to stream the inauguration and listened/watched most of it. I was able to stay busy for most of the day too, which is nice. Tomorrow may or may not be as long, depending on how long the first part of the day goes. If I'm lucky, I'll get to finish my shift at home, and if I'm not lucky, it'll probably be another full day at the office. I think I"ll have to listen to Hamilton again. It seems like the right time for it.

It's nice to feel hope again. It's nice to not feel horror, terror, and sadness, if only for one day. There were so many times that I wasn't sure we'd make it to today. The our country would still be here. But it is. We made it happen. We fought the giant, and won. We dropped the One Ring into Mount Doom. Today we get to take a breath and enjoy it, but tomorrow, we get back to work. There's a lot of damage to undo, not just from the last 4 years, but from the last 400 years. A lot of people are afraid of what they think they'll lose from equality and equity. Our job is to work on those people. It's going to take a long time and a lot of hand-holding.

I need to get a new pillow. My pillow is great, but it's for back sleeping. I am a side sleeper, which means my neck is killing me and has been for a long time now. I got a $100 gift card from work for Christmas, and I think that might be a good use of that money...

Leftovers for dinner. West Wing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment