Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, October 13, 2020

10/13/2020

Today was another easy day at the office, but it certainly picked up when I got home. I have a few things to work on in the morning when I get to the office tomorrow. I tried out the new ideas we came up with for my stamp and it's definitely way better. If I had to do it over again I would have tweaked the wording, based on how I'm whiting out some of it, but, it's too late now!

I left work around 1:30pm and there was pretty much a wind storm downtown as I walked to the bus. I swear I almost blew away in the wind!

Once I got home, I made a quick grilled cheese sandwich and used up some of my supplies. Work really picked up in the afternoon but I also had the opportunity to catch up with the dishes and prep my dinner, which was good. It was a new recipe and it turned out to be really delish! I have leftovers for tomorrow night too.

Tonight I began the prep for my candied pears. It's definitely unlike anything I've ever done before, which is a fun challenge! Each day I'll do another step until it's ready for me to use on Saturday for my baking project. Though we're grocery shopping this weekend, so it might be Sunday, like this last weekend. Either way, it'll be ready then.

Tonight we're watching the Halloween or spooky episodes of NCIS. Tomorrow I hope to have some time to do a bit of cleaning around the apartment so I can set up our Halloween tree. I will post pictures when it's all ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment