Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Today I Went to Work: 8/4/2020

I went into the office and got caught up with yesterday's stuff. I was able to do some video stuff that had come in, as well. I got a few more of the change letters prepared as well, which I was happy about. It was a slower-paced, but still very busy day. No major system freak-outs or meltdowns. I got caught up enough to work from home tomorrow for sure, which will be nice.

If time allows tomorrow, I have some house cleaning to do and I want to work on hanging pictures. I'd love to start photographing the apartment to share with everybody! I'm going to try to do another chapter of my antiracism book too, if I have time. And my movie will probably be Summer Magic, and I definitely have to see if The Golden Girls is back on Hallmark channel now that it's August.

As I walked home from the bus today I saw all these people flocking to the ballot drop box outside the library and it was so cool to see democracy in action. Everybody wore masks and stayed 6 feet apart, so it was also caring for others in action.

It was hot again, but it's cooling off nicely already, so that's good. I did more Swedish meatloaf and another baked potato for dinner. If I have ground chicken in the freezer, I might do sloppy joes for tomorrow.

It feels really nice to be home after a long day at work and to relax in this new apartment. It is so much more livable than the other one was. I think I might have some popcorn tonight. It just sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment