Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How I Became a Writer

When I was young, I used to shout and exclaim loudly. People always told me "Shh! You're hurting my ears!" "Quiet down, you're too loud!" So, I learned to swallow my voice and be quiet. Like a good, well-behaved girl.

When I grew up, my voice wanted to be let out. It was tired from hiding away all the time. But my throat wasn't used to it anymore, so it traveled around my body, looking for a way out. It found my hands and flowed out of my fingers while I grasped a pen. Words poured out of my fingers, dripping all over the paper, and wouldn't stop. And there my voice found its freedom. It cannot be silenced anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post! And because I've known you all your life and want to hear what you have to say, I'm very grateful you've discovered writing as a forum for your voice.

    ReplyDelete